Welcome to My Kitchen

My personal blog and an account of my adventures in the kitchen. I am a stay at home mum of my two youngest kids, both teenagers. I have four adult children and four grandchildren with one on the way. We live in country NSW, Australia and we love our country life.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Crunchy Nut Chicken


4 125g chicken breasts, pounded to an even size
2 cups corn flakes
1/3 cup macadamia nuts
1 egg white
1/2 tsp chicken stock powder
1/4 cup skim milk
cooking oil spray

Preheat oven (fan forced) to 180C
Crush macadamia nuts, I do them in the small bowl of my stab blender, or you could use a small food processor.  Crush the cornflakes in the same way or even in a plastic bag with a rolling pin.
Add the chicken stock powder and mix well.
Beat the egg white with the milk.

Dip each breast into the milk mixture then the crumbs, pressing on to coat each side.
Line a baking sheet with baking paper and spray with cooking oil spray.
Place the crumbed chicken onto the tray and spray liberally with the cooking spray.

Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Serves 4.
9 ProPoints per serve.
You wouldn't believe how something cooked in the oven with so little oil could be so crunchy outside and succulent and juicy inside, this is a real treasure of a recipe.
I made a healthy salad dressing with some organic apple cider vinegar, honey (I used health giving Manuka) crushed garlic, tahini and a little freshly cracked black pepper.  Everyone loved it.


3 comments:

  1. Damn! That looks goooooooooooooooooooooood!
    Now to see if the states carry chicken stock powder. (((hugs)))Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell her they do. It looks so good! I'm so glad your doing this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe looks awesome. My mouth is watering! I'm always looking for recipes that convert well to low-sodium and this fits the bill. Thanks, Foxy!

    ReplyDelete

Kind comments and questions are welcome.