Welcome to My Kitchen

My personal blog and an account of my adventures in the kitchen. I am a stay at home mum of my two youngest kids, both teenagers. I have four adult children and four grandchildren with one on the way. We live in country NSW, Australia and we love our country life.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Salmon Quiche

This is a very old Weight Watchers recipe (sue me!)  It was in the very first recipe book I bought when I joined (the first time) and has been made many, many times over the past 12 years or so.  It is now one of Joshua's favourite meals and tonight he actually helped me make it for his dinner.  The recipe states pink salmon but we use red when we can get it cheaply, and this time we tried a Woolies brand "wild caught Alaskan red salmon" that was on special.  It turned out better than ever and we're sure it was the salmon although Josh says it was the bones. ?? 

1 x 425g tin salmon
2 eggs
4 sheets filo pastry
1 cup skim milk
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 tbs lemon juice
60g grated low fat tasty cheese
1 tbs snipped chives

Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced)
Spray a quiche dish with cooking oil spray.
Lay filo in a criss cross, then diagonal pattern in the dish then fold the overhanging bits in.


Remove bones from salmon, flake then arrange on top of the pastry.  Sprinkle over the onion, lemon juice, chives, and a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Mix the milk with the eggs and pour over the salmon mixture, then top with the cheese.
Bake for about 45 minutes or  until brown on top and the tip of a sharp knife comes out clean.
Serves 4.
8 ProPoints if red salmon is used
7 if pink salmon is used.

2 comments:

  1. THIS RECIPE went straight into My Favorites to try amd I made a grocery list out on the spot as well ;0)
    Sounds sooooooooooooo yummy and being W.W. EVEN BETTER. Down 9 pounds.:0) Took 2 weeks.:0(
    Goes on EASY; comes off HARD!
    Once I take my butt to where I can purchase some of the other spices you use in your recipes, I'll give a few....a whirl.
    I am sooooooooooooo enjoying and appreciate all the effort that goes into this recipe blog.
    Thanks and (((hugs)))Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like fish much but this looks really good!

    ReplyDelete

Kind comments and questions are welcome.