Welcome to My Kitchen

My personal blog and an account of my adventures in the kitchen. I am a stay at home mum of my two youngest kids, both teenagers. I have four adult children and four grandchildren with one on the way. We live in country NSW, Australia and we love our country life.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Little Prawn Cocktails


Cocktail Sauce
1/4 cup tomato sauce (ketchup)
1/4 cup cream ( I use light thickened cream)
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Tabasco sauce to taste (we like a lot to give it a kick)
salt
freshly ground black pepper
Mix all together in a jug, taste to adjust seasonings to personal preference.
Put some shredded iceberg lettuce into tall shot glasses, or cocktail glasses, add four fresh, cooked prawns, we used tiger prawns.  Carefully pour the dressing over the prawns and garnish with an unshelled prawn.  Serve with buttered light rye or wholemeal bread triangle and a lemon wedge.



3 comments:

  1. Mnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
    Better yet...eat the whole dang pound yourself. To Hell with dirtying four tall shot glasses or four cocktail glasses m/f. ;0)
    I'm feeling feisty ....can you tell.
    (((hugs)))Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. You feisty thing you! The prawns were good, they were actually fresh not frozen, practically unheard of here in Cootamundra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my husband and kids would love you!

    ReplyDelete

Kind comments and questions are welcome.