Welcome to My Kitchen

My personal blog and an account of my adventures in the kitchen. I am a stay at home mum of my two youngest kids, both teenagers. I have four adult children and four grandchildren with one on the way. We live in country NSW, Australia and we love our country life.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Peppered Steak


4 x 125g fillet steaks
2 tbs canned green peppercorns, crushed
1/4 cup brandy
1/2 cup buttermilk


Combine the steaks, peppercorns and brandy in a small bowl.  Marinate overnight.  (I put mine in in the morning and they were ready for dinner).
Drain, and reserve marinade.
Coat a non stick pan with cooking spray and heat, cook steaks until cooked to desired tenderness.
Remove from the pan and keep warm.
Combine the reserved marinade and buttermilk.  Add to the pan and bring to the boil.  Pour over steaks just before serving.

Serves 4 @ 7 ProPoints per serve.

My sauce split for some reason, I don't remember that happening before.  Next time I might add the marinade to the pan and heat before stirring in the buttermilk.  It still tasted great though.


2 comments:

  1. Yum. Can you I come and live with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You win, your the best mommy and woman around, seriously can I live with you?

    ReplyDelete

Kind comments and questions are welcome.